Back in January, I gave you my mid-term report here.
Back in January I had failed in making a quilt for my mum. I`m ashamed to say that I haven`t yet made it. I have plenty of ideas but I can`t commit. It has to be done by her next birthday in July. So far, it`s a big fat fail.
Another unfinished project back in January was my Drunkard`s Path quilt. While I really love it, it remains a top. No further progress on that one either.
I also committed to continuing with the Blogger`s BOM. I have done 2 blocks. Another fail.
Let`s see what I did do. I must have made something. I must have finished something.
- Make a mini quilt for the For the Love of Solids swap - DONE.
- make a zippered pouch for Mouthy Stitches.
- I have joined a new bee. I was writing about Stitch Tease - an international mystery bee. I have made my starter blocks - the theme of my quilt is all things curved.
|Stitch Tease Block 1|
|Stitch Tease Block 2|
- Another secret project - details to be revealed soon. This was Jennifer`s Mini Quilt Challenge. I participated in the blog hop and made this mini using all solids and improv.piecing, inspired by the Gee`s Bend quilters.
- I pledged to finish my Lark quilt, which sadly remains a top - FAIL.
- I really want to swoon in the Swoonalong and I really want to do the Made in Cherry QAL but I need to get on as they are both well under way! - FAIL!
- I did run my first series - the My Modern Muse series in March and interviewed some wonderful and inspiring bloggers about what inspires them!
- I participated in Sunni`s Farmer`s Wife in my Life series and made this notebook cover based on Cindy`s tutorial.
learn how to applique. Another big fat fail, but I did do some embroidery.
What else did I do that wasn`t on the list?
- I made a quilt top for my hubby using Curious Nature by Parson Grey as part of Sarah`s Stained QAL.
I made a quilt top for Siblings Together, which I shall finish when I`m in England.
Last month, I hosted my first month as quilter in the Care Circle for do.Good Stitches and asked my lovely ladies to make super sized x and plus blocks. These blocks will be made in to a quilt for Siblings Together as well. Here are the blocks so far.
As I`m against the clock to link up my Winter Stitching, here are a few other things that I managed to get done.
1. Curious Nature Pouch (Front), 2. April Block We Bee Modern too, 3. Group Shot of Blocks for Hive 4, 4x5 Modern Quilt Bee, 4. Parisville Pouch, 5. Scrappy Grannies, 6. Kaffe Fasset Selvedge Pouch, 7. March Block for Kat, 8. FTLOS2 Mini and front of Matching Pouch, 9. We Bee Modern Too - February Block, 10. do.Good Stitches (Care Circle) February Blocks, 11. January Blocks for Care Circle, do.Good Stitches, 12. Lark Selvage Pouch, 13. First Attempt at a Zippered Pouch, 14. Blocks Received So Far in the 4th Quarter, 15. For the Love of Solids Mini Front, 16. March Block for Heather
With 7 minutes to go, I`m linking up with Sarah`s Winter Stitching.